Professorship for Future Philosophy and Scenarios (m/f/d)
Apply now until Sept. 24, 2023!
Karlsruhe University of Arts and Design (HfG) is filling the following professorship as soon as possible:
Professorship for Future Philosophy and Scenarios m/f/d (W2, 100 %, 3 years)
Against the backdrop of global challenges on an ecological, socio-economic and technical level and in the context of a university whose work is directed towards the potentials of design in the broadest sense, this temporary professorship focuses on conceptual thinking and theoretical modelling as intermediaries with the world they help constitute. It aims to counter hegemonic geographical boundaries and to expand the philosophical canon internationally.
Ideally, the professorship will incorporate historical and contemporary projections of the future beyond existing models, and tools of planning, prognostication, and simulation, it should focus on alternative technologies and forms of societal organization that appear in disciplines such as cultural studies and historical anthropology.
• Teaching and research in the subject area of the professorship, ideally with an emphasis on digital media and practices
• Supervision of students in the master's program "Philosophy of Art and Media" as well as supervision of doctoral students
• Supervision of students in all subject groups in the minor
• Participation in the academic self-administration of the HfG
The other official duties are regulated in § 46 of the Landeshochschulgesetz (LHG) Baden-Württemberg.
You fulfill the hiring requirements according to § 47 LHG, in particular:
• Completion of a university degree in philosophy or in a related humanities or social science subject relevant to the field of research (e.g. theater studies, cultural studies, literary studies, sociology)
• Special aptitude for scientific work, as evidenced by a doctorate (Dr. phil.) o Recognizable research focus in the area of the professorship, demonstrated by scientific publications
• Experience in university teaching o Interest in working in an interdisciplinary context and with creative and artistic subjects
• Command of the German and English languages, both written and spoken
A high level of on-site presence in Karlsruhe is expected.
The professorship is limited to three years.
The HfG Karlsruhe would like to ensure the proportion of women in teaching and therefore particularly welcomes applications from qualified female candidates. The university is committed to more cultural diversity in the faculty. Applicants with severe disabilities will be given preferential consideration if they are equally qualified.
Please submit your application by Sept. 24, 2023, with CV and portfolio via the online application form linked below with the keyword "Professorship for Future Philosophy & Scenarios".
Information about the advertisement can be obtained from the Rector's Office by calling +49 (0)721 8203-2297 or by sending an email to .ed.ehurslrak-gfh(ta)tarotker
Information on the collection of personal data from the data subject according to Article 13 DSGVO can be found on our homepage, section Vacancies. Please note that this announcement is a translation based on the original German version that is legally binding. You can find the German job vacancy here